In 2017 Jeremiah Maki generously donated Mr. Licky, a Ball Python, to the Osceola Public Library. Since then, Mr. Licky has become an important part of our library family. He can be found in his tank in our children’s area or maybe giving one of the staff members a neck massage. If you or your children would like to see Mr. Licky up close, ask for our Youth Service Librarian, Rebekah, who is also his handler and she can help you out!
Want to learn more about Ball Pythons?
Will reach adult size in 3 years, under ideal conditions.
A well-balanced ball python diet consists of:
- Appropriately sized frozen rodents, thawed/warmed to above room temperature.
- Juveniles feed once a week, where as adults only eat every one to two weeks.
- Fresh, clean, chlorine-free water is available at all times in a large enough bowl for Mr. Licky to soak in.
- Temperature – Temperature gradient (95°F for the warm end and 78° for the cool end)
- Lighting – 8 to 12 hours of light daily.
Grooming & Hygiene
- Snakes like Mr. Licky regularly shed their skin with appropriate levels of humidity- that’s why Mr. Licky has his very own humdifier!